Project: Site A&B
Applicant: Jordanstown Properties Ltd.
The large-scale warehouse developments at Sites A & B are located adjacent to the Newcastle Road (R120), Greenogue, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin.
The key elements of the project involved the construction of:
- Unit A – 14,267m2 (153,569 sqft) warehouse area, including the installation of super flat FM2 specification flooring, dock levellers and level entry doors.
- Unit A – 1019m2 (10,969 sqft) integrated offices and staff facilities over three floors finished to high specification throughout.
- Unit B – 23,421m2 (252,102 sqft) warehouse area, including the installation of super flat FM2 specification flooring, dock levellers and level entry doors.
- Unit B – 2963m2 (31,893 sqft) integrated offices and staff facilities over three floors finished to high specification throughout.
- Ancillary car parking at the front of both buildings with durable concrete HGV marshalling yards and parking located towards the rear of each building.
- Site development works including all services, foul & surface drainage, stormwater attenuation and boundary treatment.
The primary architectural challenge of the project was to visually reduce the mass of both buildings while providing a simplistic and modern look matching the existing buildings in the area. Asymmetrical glazing shapes integrated into the overall wall solution were used to break long elevations and make them visually more appealing. While the appearance of the ancillary office blocks was enhanced by the inclusion of curtain wall panels with curtain walling and planar glazing.
The project has been certified LEED Silver.
Kavanagh Burke Consulting Engineers provided Assigned Certifier, Architectural, Civil & Structural Engineering and PSDP services for this project.